Monday, April 5, 2010

A childhood dream come true...

It's been what? 21 years since I first began playing? Ever since I first picked up guitar, I've always drolled over a certain silhouette of a Gibson headstock. And not just any old Gibson Headstock, not even a normal Les Paul headstock at that... But this:



Yes, it was the Les Paul Custom that got me. Clearly visible from album covers such as The Cult's Sonic Temple, that was the quinessential rock guitar look for me.


That iconic Pete Townsend rock guitar pose accentuated with that sleek looking black weapon. That was the one guitar I had always dreamed about, but never really hunted for, because it was always deemed "beyond my reach" price-wise.

Then one day, I got a pleasant surprise walking into a friend's guitar shop. There was this nice ebony custom sitting in the window. I honestly wasn't expecting much, becuase I had tried many customs before this, and all of them dissaponted in one way or another. But here was something different. For some reason, this one spoke. From the first appraising look I knew I had to try it out... And from the first note plucked, I knew this was going to be a good try out. After less than 5 mins of playing, I knew I had to take it home.

This was one guitar where I knew, if I had let it go, I'd take a LONG time before finding a nice one again. Something about Gibsons and Fenders. Some work for you, and others just don't work for you. This one not only worked for me, it washed up the dishes after too!

So here's the pics of the newly acquired Gibson 1957 Reissue Les Paul Custom V.O.S. 2-Pickup Black Beauty. (what a bloody mouthful...)





Someone told me this looked like an evil twin with it's brother...


No comments:

Post a Comment